In today’s digital age, businesses must be able to adapt quickly to stay competitive. Therefore, digital transformation (DX) is essential for companies to survive and thrive in the modern world, and many organizations are investing in DX initiatives. As a result, global spending on DX is anticipated to reach $2.4 trillion by 2024. However, many businesses struggle with transformation because they lack the resources or expertise needed to make the necessary changes.
Low/No-Code Application Development Platforms (LCADPs)
Low-code/no-code solutions fill this void. These platforms allow businesses to quickly and easily build applications and automation with little or no programming. As a result, these tools enable companies to focus on their strengths and accelerate their transformation.
LCADPs abstract low-level coding details and provide a visual, drag-and-drop interface. This is what makes it possible for non-programmers to develop sophisticated applications by writing little or no code.
How Low/No-Code Development Accelerates Digital Transformation
There are several ways in which low-code/no-code development can help DX initiatives:
- Accelerating Visual Development: Visual development is at the core of low-code/no-code platforms. Businesses can quickly and easily develop sophisticated applications without any code by using a visual interface. This is useful because it enables businesses to focus on their strengths rather than having to write and debug code.
- Accelerate Requirements Gathering: Low-code platforms allow businesses to prototype experiences more quickly and simply, saving time and money on wireframes and complex designs. This will make requirements gathering easy.
- Easy Data Integration: Low-code/no-code platforms usually provide a visual approach to define integrations, making it easy to access data from multiple sources. This is essential for today’s businesses that are required to consolidate data from disparate systems as they operate in eco system of partners.
- Iterate with Agility: These platforms enable businesses to iterate quickly and easily. This is critical for companies to rapidly experiment and test new ideas to be able to adapt to changing market conditions and customer preferences.
- Lower Costs and Scalability: Total cost of ownership with LCADPs is typically low and it is easy to scale. This makes them ideal for businesses that need to develop applications without a large upfront investment quickly. Remember to take cost of maintaining the application over its lifetime into account while calculating total cost of ownership. Sometimes, people tend to look at only one of the aspects, such as application development, and draw conclusions that can lead them to make wrong decisions.
- Optimize Mobile Experiences: Mobile is a critical part of digital transformation. Optimizing online, mobile, and tablet experiences is a feature of many low-code/no-code platforms. Usually, low code platforms provide an easier way to define the responsiveness of the applications for various screen sizes. This helps tremendously in providing a good customer experience (CX) to your customer base. In addition, many provide best practice tips on improving user experience and design.
- Easier Application Life Cycle Management: These platforms make managing the application life cycle easy. This includes features such as application updates and security.
- Integrate with SaaS without Programming: Low-code isn’t just for app creation – it also makes it easier to integrate with other SaaS platforms. Today’s businesses need to operate amongst a set of partners creating value-based ecosystems. This is possible only when you have the ability to quickly integrate with your partners and customers. Most of the low code platforms provide built-in integrations with most of the popular SaaS products, such as CRMs, marketing platforms, and accounting systems.
The Future of Low/No-code and Digital Transformation
The low-code/no-code movement is gaining momentum. These platforms are becoming more and more popular as businesses look for ways to improve their digital transformation initiatives. According to one study by Statista, spending on low/no-code development tools will exceed USD 65 billion by 2027.
Information source: Statista
Expeed is a strong proponent of low code platforms and we’re very passionate about helping customers implement their low-cost strategy. Expeed not only works with third-party low code platforms, but we also have our own low code platform in the works. Clearly, if you haven’t already embraced low-code/no-code, now is the time. The team at Expeed Software can help you understand the advantages of low-code/no-code software development in your digital transformation strategy.
Expeed Software is one of the top software companies in Ohio that specializes in application development, data analytics, digital transformation services, and user experience solutions. As an organization, we have worked with some of the largest companies in the world and have helped them build custom software products, automated their processes, assisted in their digital transformation, and enabled them to become more data-driven businesses. As a software development company, our goal is to deliver products and solutions that improve efficiency, lower costs and offer scalability. If you’re looking for the best software development in Columbus Ohio, get in touch with us at today.